- Best University Placement Service (Under 500 Placements)
- Best University Placement Service (Over 500 Placements)
- Best University Careers / Employability Service
- Most Improved Commitment to Employability
- Outstanding Contribution to Work Experience
- Best Collaboration between a University and Employer
- Best Widening Participation Initiative
Brunel Summer Internship Programme
About the Award
This new award recognises the incredible efforts universities go to in creating a widening participation initiative to support and develop students’ employability opportunities.
Why They Won
- The Brunel Summer Internship Programme provides four months of compulsory employability workshops and training, with one to one support on areas such as interview skills and business etiquette expectations.
- The programme is embedded within the university and widely promoted, with 100 students being paid the equivalent of the London Living Wage. This supports the students to undertake 280 hours of work experience throughout their summer break across 65 different employers.
- 100% of the students said they would recommend the programme to other students and 90% have stated that this programme has had a direct impact on their future career goals.
The Advance Programme
The Impact Challenge
The Insights Programme
The Micro-placement Initiative