- Best University Placement Service (Under 500 Placements)
- Best University Placement Service (Over 500 Placements)
- Best University Careers / Employability Service
- Most Improved Commitment to Employability
- Outstanding Contribution to Work Experience
- Best Collaboration between a University and Employer
- Best Widening Participation Initiative
EPS Employability and Placements Team
About the Award
This award celebrates the contributions made by a university faculty / department placement service in the UK who have gone above and beyond to help a small cohort of students, (under 500) apply and maximise their work experience opportunities.
Why They Won
- The University of Leeds EPS Employability and Placements Team managed to timetable compulsory employability lectures across eight academic schools from first year onwards. Their cohesive partnership with academics meant academic staff shared the message about the importance of work-based learning in sessions with personal tutors, which is a phenomenal achievement.
- For those students who couldn’t do a placement for personal reasons, their close-working relationship with academics meant they were able to create summer internship research projects, which led to 50 students being employed last year.
- The team supported international, disabled and widening participation students by developing additional resources and events tailored to them. They also had one international event with Deloitte, seeing an impressive 250 international students attend.